With the fall season here and in full force I love roasting a delicious cut of meat in the oven. Nothing is better then smelling it roast in the oven. It is such an easy dinner to prepare and allows me extra time to make greeting cards, gotta love that! Recently I found this recipe on Allrecipes and am dying to try it out. All I have to do is defrost my roast!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 3 hours (depending on how big your roast is)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- ground black pepper to taste
- 3 1/2 pounds rump roast
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup dry vermouth
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour and black pepper to taste. Dredge the rump roast in the flour and cover evenly. Shake off excess.
- In a large pot over medium/high heat, melt the butter and brown the roast on all sides. Place in a 4 quart casserole dish with lid.
- In a small bowl, combine the soup mix, mushroom soup, and vermouth or white wine; pour over roast.
- Cover and bake in preheated oven for 3 hours or until desired doneness.
Roast some potatoes and carrots in the oven and viola…You have a superb fall meal! Happy Roasting!