This subject comes up every year. You want to give your co-workers and/or boss a gift for the holidays however you don’t want to be too personal or exorbitant. You don’t want to go over the top and spend a lot of money yet you don’t want to look tight fisted and frugal.
Here are some unique ideas that are unique and won’t break the bank.
1. If you are crafty create a mini scrap book of a memorable event that happened in the office. Maybe the office got together and had a surprise birthday party. If you aren’t crafty you can always buy a nice photo album and fill it with the photos.
2. Picture frames are always a nice gift especially if you have a picture to go in it. Consider getting together with some co-workers to take a picture for the frame. If you don’t have a picture you can always frame a gift card to their favorite store, restaurant or coffee shop.
3. Edible gifts such as chocolate, candy, meat/cheese, fruit, popcorn etc…are usually safe gifts to give. If you are worried that it’s not enough or you don’t want to look cheap bump it up a notch and buy some finer chocolates. Are you a baker? Make everyone a special goody tin with baked goods. Don’t forget to be wary of food allergies!
4. Give Wine, Champagne or Liquor! Typically you can’t go wrong with a nice bottle of bubbly…just make sure the person you are giving too drinks.
5. Give a book if you know their favorite author or genre. If you don’t buy a gift certificate to a book store.
6. Gift certificates are always a safe bet. If you can spend a good amount of $ go for a gift card to a restaurant. If you are looking on the lower end of the spectrum buy a gift card to a coffee, ice cream or smoothie shop.
7. If the person you are buying for works at a desk check it out. Do they need anything? Many people like to personalize their desks with pencil/pen cups, staplers, tape dispensers, etc…If you know what type of pens they like to use buy them a pack. You can never have too many pens. To finish the gift buy a few nice notepads.
8. Mugs and cups for the coffee and tea drinkers. You can’t go wrong with this gift.
9. Key Chains. Everyone has keys. Add a personal touch and get a monogram key chain. Don’t go all out tacky unless you know the person well and/or it’s a joke. You can always engrave the key chain to make it more personal.
10. Holiday Ornament. Only go to this idea if the person you are giving to celebrates the holidays with a tree!
Hope these ideas help. If you have any other ideas feel free to comment on this post. Remember giving gifts is not a necessary act. You should always give a gift with thought and heart.