This is the perfect recipe to make if you have strawberries that are very ripe and almost mushy. Turn them into frozen yogurt! The downside to this recipe is you need an ice cream machine. It’s definitely worth a try if you have one. Here is the recipe:
- 2 cups fat-free plain yogurt
- 2 cups pureed fresh strawberries
- 1 (14 ounce) can fat free sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to manufacturer's directions. Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze. Allow to ripen in ice cream freezer or firm up in refrigerator freezer 2-4 hours before serving. Remove from the freezer 30-45 minutes before serving.
Recipe Courtesy of www.allrecipes.com