I made these awesome muffins this weekend. They were delicious! If you are a fan of apple cake then you should try these maple glazed muffins.
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cups chopped, peeled apples
- 12 pecan halves
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- In a large bowl, combine flour, oats, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon. In a small bowl, mix milk, butter, syrup and egg; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in apples. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Top each with a pecan half. Bake at 400 degrees F for 18-20 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Cool completely. For glaze, mix sugar and syrup; drizzle over muffins.
Recipe courtesy of www.allrecipes.com