The only thing I had defrosted for dinner yesterday was a boneless pork roast. Since I do not have many roast recipes I decided to browse through some recipes at www.allrecipes.com. I found this recipe titled: Easy Roasted Pork. If you like applesauce and pork you will looooove this recipe! Here is the original recipe:
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cinnamon applesauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 pounds boneless pork loin roast
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Lightly flour an oven bag.
- In a small bowl, blend brown sugar, applesauce, and ginger.
- Place pork roast in the prepared oven bag. Pour the brown sugar mixture over the roast. Seal bag, and cut several small slits in the top.
- Cook the roast 1 hour in the preheated oven, or until the internal temperature has reached 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
I did modify the recipe slightly. 2/3 packed light brown sugar seemed like a lot to me so I used 1/3 of a cup. It was perfect. Also, I didn’t bother flouring the oven bag. Since I didn’t have any cinnamon applesauce I used plain unsweetened and added a teaspoon of cinnamon.
To go along with the roast I cubed some red potatoes and put them in a plastic bag with some olive oil and lawry’s seasoning. After coating the potatoes I spread them out on a cookie sheet and sprinkled with dill and some paprika to add color. Bake for 20-25 minutes in a 350 degree oven.
*Recipe courtesy of www.allrecipes.com*