Courtesy of Martha Stewart:
With a printable template, card stock, and a few simple steps, you can create your own paper pie boxes.
Tools and Materials:
- Pie Box template
- Scoring board with bone folder
- 12-by-12-inch craft stock
- 12-by-12-inch cutting mat
- 14-by-3-inch ruler
- Craft knife or scissors
- Double-sided tape
- Optional: Edge or Deep Edge punch
1. For bottom piece, print template at 100 percent. Lay template anywhere on a 12-by-12-inch piece of craft stock; tape in place to secure.
2. Place template and craft stock between the scoring board and ruler. Square the top of the ruler with the top guide on the scoring board, making sure the long edge of the ruler is lined up next to a groove. Shift the template until one of the dotted lines matches up to the side of the ruler. Use the bone folder to score paper along the dotted line. Repeat for all dotted lines.
3. Using a craft ruler and a craft knife or scissors, cut along the solid line.
4. Fold along scored lines.
5. Secure tabs with double-sided tape. For lid, print out template and enlarge to 120 percent using a photocopier. Repeat steps 1, 2, and 3. After step 3, trim 1/2 inch from the bottom edge of all three side flaps. Repeat steps 4 and 5.
Tip: After the template has been cut and before the tabs are secured, use one of our edge punches or deep edge punches to add a decorative border.
Read more at Marthastewart.com: Paper Pie Box - Martha Stewart Crafts