Tuesday, October 27, 2009

~Pumpkin Carving 101 + Roasted Pumpkin Seeds~

IMG_6129 We carved pumpkins this past Sunday and I wanted toIMG_6123 share the photos of our spooky creations.  Mike and I have never carved pumpkins together so it was   something we had to do!  Naturally after you carve pumpkins you save the seeds and roast them!  It’s a little work but totally worth it.  Mike had never eaten a pumpkin seed so that gave me another reason to make them.IMG_6122

 The recipe I used was from my favorite online recipe web site, www.Allrecipes.com.  Here is the IMG_6126link to the pumpkin seed recipe: Spiced Pumpkin Seeds

And…here is a photo of our pumpkin seeds roasting in the oven!  They smelled delicious while baking, it really feels like fall when you are roasting seeds and carving pumpkins!   

And to end this post here are our pumpkins all lit up looking spooky on the patio.  The right pumpkin is mine and the left one is Mike’s.  It’s hard to see in this photo but Mike’s pumpkin has ears.  Looking forward to the weekend, Halloween will be a blast this year!IMG_6132

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Your pumpkins came out so cute. Isn't is fun to do new things together!
I had pumpkins seeds this week-end too. My daughter had pumpkins from her classroom that she took the seeds from. They were so good.