Thursday, August 20, 2009

~For The Love Of Oysters~

SFMHeaderOysters can be eaten many different ways: baked, smoked, boiled, fried, roasted, stewed, canned, pickled, steamed, broiled…but…my favorite way to eat them is RAW!   

Yesterday Mike and I went to the Sammamish Farmers Market and picked up some delicious oysters and a zucchini.  I really wanted to get more produce items but there wasn’t a huge selection so I settled for the zucchini.  I haven’t figured out what to do with the zucchini. 

I just have to say that the oysters were absolutely delicious!  Pairing raw oysters with a grey goose martini and a few olives is perfection.  The best part about getting them from the Farmers Market is that they are only $8 a dozen.  Usually in a nice restaurant you end up paying twice that amount if not triple.  Those of you out there that eat them know what I’m talking about.  As long as you don’t mind shucking them yourself it’s a great deal.  Here is a picture of our oyster plate before we sucked them down.IMG_5327

1 comment:

Louise said...

Hi Jenny.
I like//love your cards. We are making a page on Send My Card where you can upload your cards and take orders and all for free, it may take a few weeks to do this, are you interested?
The good thing about the site will be the way all the details are sent to you (look at Hand made cards by Paula on SendMyCard)
I think you are in the UK?
'Send My Card' mainly does ordinary greeting cards, and I now want a site which can have lots of cards and other products like yours, and where people like you can put all their fantastic individually designed and made products.
I have managed to get a web name that I think will be OK -- as lots of the cards and things are made by mums, I have got the name www.MumsCat.com
I hope you think it is a good idea? and -- Can I contact you again when the site is running?
As it is a .com, it can be used in the USA and lots of other countries.
The site will have the dropdown boxes shown next to the cards so (as mentioned) it will be very easy for people to place orders.
I will to ask other similar people/designers to consider putting their products on my new site – in which case --- design work will start in a few weeks ***if I get perhaps ten people like yourself who like the idea?***
Best Wishes.
Louise