The first day of summer is right around the corner, June 21st to be exact. How ironic…June 21st is also Father’s Day! What is your favorite thing about the summer season? What is summer like where you live?
Here in Western Washington summer has been slow approaching. We have had some nice hot weather in these past few weeks but definitely not enough to say summer is really here. Today is pretty overcast and a low 60 degrees…a little too cold for shorts!
My Top 10 Summer Favorites:
1. BBQ’ing – nothing is better than grilling outside, less mess in the kitchen!
2. Relaxing in the sun – catching rays and reading a book, heaven!
3. Wearing flip flops – gotta love no socks, and pretty pedicures
4. Opening windows – letting fresh air in to the house, smells clean
6. Planting flowers – even though I have a small patio I make the best of it
7. Longer days – love when the sun stays out longer, no short winter days here!
8. Feeding hummingbirds – I love watching the hummingbirds swarm the feeder
9. 4th of July – who doesn’t like fireworks?
10. Taking it outside – bike riding, walking, and playing in the sun
I’ve learned that living in Washington you have to take in every ray of sun you can. Sun would be nice year round however having 4 seasons is even better.
To celebrate Summer I made a set of Summer greeting cards. To purchase these cards from my Artfire shop please click HERE.
Happy Summer everyone!