Sunday, October 26, 2008
Saturday, October 25, 2008
- Special Edition 12''/30 cm Rotary Trimmer with built in speakers for balanced sound
- Softgrip® cradle holds your MP3 player
- Easy to read measuring base
- Softgrip® blade carriage for comfortable left- or right-handed use
- Trimmer uses blade style ''B'' (45mm)
Friday, October 24, 2008
Thursday, October 23, 2008
After the kids come in from trick or treating their hands are full of germs! Running around from house to house ringing door bells and knocking on doors. Before letting the goblins go through their candy loot give them some soap to wash up with! I found the perfect mini soaps at Machine Gun Lullaby's shop. Check out these skull and pumpkin mini colored soaps! Vegan friendly and on sale to boot! You pay $1.40 for 10 sweet shea lotion soaps. What a great deal and a fun gift!
Need a trick or treat bag to hold all the loot you plan on collecting Halloween night? Well here is the perfect bag especially if you love kitties! This Halloween Themed Orange & Black Cat Bag comes from Monk Rock Creation's shop. Not only is this bag environmentally friendly but a great tote to use for any number of items! At $10 this bag is a steal. :-)
Don't forget to bring out the candles to light your way on Halloween night. These Halloween Tealight Holders are not only one of a kind but hand painted and decorated individually. No two holders are alike! These fabulous tealight holders come from Dizzee Lizzee's shop. Not only does Dizzee Lizzee have an awesome shop but she is located just a few hours away from me in Washington state!
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Saturday, October 18, 2008
Reuben Mac n Cheese
- 1 pound cavatappi, hallow corkscrew shaped pasta or, other short cut
- 2 slices rye bread
- 3 tablespoons butter plus some for butteringtoast
- A handful fresh parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup spicy brown deli mustard (recommended: Gulden's)
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup shredded Gruyere
- 1 cup shredded yellow Cheddar
- 3/4 pound good quality deli corned beef, sliced as thick as bacon, chopped
- 1 pound sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
Bring a large pot of water to a boil for the pasta. Salt water and cook pasta to al dente.
While pasta cooks, toast rye bread in toaster then butter hot bread. Coarsely chop bread and place in food processor. Add parsley and paprika to bread and process into bread crumbs, reserve.
Heat a sauce pot over medium heat. Add butter to pot and melt, whisk in flour 1 minute then milk. Season the sauce with salt and pepper, thicken sauce 5 to 6 minutes then stir in mustard. Melt 2/3 of the combined cheeses into the sauce.
Drain pasta and return to hot pot. Toss hot pasta with chopped meat and sauerkraut to combine, stir in cheese sauce and coat. Transfer mac n cheese to casserole and top with bread crumbs and remaining cheese. Brown under broiler 3-4 minutes, serve.